On the Cutting Edge (OTCE), three issues annually of the peer-reviewed publication which provides self assessment questionnaires with continuing education credits. Free CPEUs are available in each issue of OTCE.
Newsflash, produced 3 times annually, includes featured columns clinical updates, reviews of books, research publications and web sites.
E-Update, a monthly electronic newsletter to keep our members informed about membership activities, late breaking news, legislative bulletins, volunteer opportunities, DCE projects and more. If you are a member and not receiving these, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DCE reproducible patient educational handouts are produced annually and maintained in the DCE publication area of the website. New this year are handouts with the DCE logo through a partnership with NDEP
Free subscriptions to diabetes related magazines which may include Diabetic Cooking and Diabetic Living. (These may be periodically subject to change).
Electronic Mailing List
Electronic mailing list allows members to exchange opinions and resources in a timely matter enhancing their professional knowledge and experience.
DCE Website Members Only Area
The members only area of this website provides many valuable professional resources including:
- Current and archived DCE newsletters, both Newsflash and On The Cutting Edge (and associated quiz to obtain free CPEU's)
- DCE presentations including recorded webinars, slides of DCE presentations at FNCE
- Important articles of interest
- Archives of DCE electronics communications.
- Contact infomation for DCE leaders
- Information on:
- Credentials including links and reference
- MNT outcomes and reimbursement including the current and previous Medicare MNT Provider Newsletter
- Public policy and legislation with articles and important links
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics announcements that may be of particular importance to DCE members.
- Electronic Mailing List including how to join, manage your account, and access the archives.
Awards, Grants, Scholarships and Stipends
All awards, with the exception of the DCE Champion Award, are for DCE members only. For more information, application and nomination forms are available in the members only area.
Distinguished Service Award
DCE Champion Award
Legislative Activity Award
Educator of the Year Award
FNCE "challenge", student funding to attend FNCE awarded on behalf of DCE through ADAF.
MNT Outcomes Research Award-awarded through ADAF
Continuing Professional Educational Events, Networking, Webinars & Receptions
- FREE webinars for members on hot topics and a link to view it up to a year after the live presentation. Earn free CPEU's. See the recent topics.
- DCE sponsors workshops and educational sessions for members at the Food & Nutrition Conference & Exhibition.
- DCE also supports educational sessions at American Association of Diabetes Educators, State Dietetic and Diabetes Educator meetings and the American Overseas Dietetic Association Meeting.
- DCE provides networking opportunities at member only receptions during FNCE and AADE.
- Global access to colleagues via DCE's electronic mailing list.
- DCE e-update and e-blasts are communication tools for DCE members to receive monthly updates on membership activities, late breaking news, legislative bulletins, volunteer opportunities and DCE projects.
DCE continues to work with the Academy and other national professional groups to improve reimbursement for diabetes self-management education and medical nutrition therapy. More information and resources
Alliances and Task Force Involvement
- American Diabetes Association: Advocacy Committee – liaison representative from the Academy
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) – DCE representatives to serve as advisors on the Lifestyle and Nutrition Scientific Committee and Obesity Scientific Committee
- Appointment to the National Diabetes Education Program (steering committee and various Work Groups)
- IDF: International Diabetes Federation
- Confederation of Diabetes Organizations (AADE, ADbA, ADA, NCBDE, CDC, NDIC, NDEP)
- Enhancement and Promotion of the Academy's Strategic Initiatives and Campaigns DCE Strategic Priorities
- Many of the aforementioned products, services, activities, and events support the Academy's Strategic Initiatives